Back in November of 2012, Good World News reported on a neat charity called "Free the Children" which is the brainchild of Craig Kielburger.
This charity is proud to honor award winning actress, Natalie Portman, as their ambassador! In her ambassador role, she will support education for girls in Kenya.
“Investing in long term sustainable international development, which includes education, is key to breaking the cycle of poverty,” says Natalie. “As a mother and the organization’s newest ambassador, I am grateful to Free The Children for giving me the opportunity to channel my passion and love of children into meaningful action that furthers the education and leadership of young women for years to come. I hope others join me in supporting this important cause.”
Great job Natalie! We wish you the best in your new role and look forward to great things to come :)
Peace & Love,
The Good World News
- Two Africans students invent soap which protects against malaria
- After 5 years apart, man reunites with gorilla he released into wild
- Sudanese pastor reunited with his family after 15 years
- Zambia bans hunting of lions and leopards
- 15 yr old from Sierra Leone displays self taught inventing skills at M.I.T
Latest from Jeremy
- Runners help carry woman across the finish line of Philadelphia marathon
- Restaurant owner sets up free coat rack for the homeless
- 98-Year Old bakes cakes and pies to help feed the homeless
- Volunteers and local youth cut lawns for free for the elderly, disabled veterans and single moms
- Bishops, Knights, and Rooks in the barbershop!