Now this is an amazing story!! Favio Chavez, an ecological technician has discovered a brilliant use of the trash in a small impoverished community. The town is Cateura, Paraguay and it is a village built on a landfill.
Many families in the community recycle trash and sell it to make a living. Favio once found a violin in the trash and decided that he could build many instruments out of recycled trash and teach the kids how to play. He has made cellos, flutes, and violins out of old wood, oil drums, and metal.
"People realize we shouldn't throw away trash carelessly…well we shouldn't throw away people either." Favio states.
Favio's idea picked up and now the kids are learning the instruments…and they sound amazing!! They are the stars in a new documentary titled:
Landfill Harmonic, "a film about people transforming trash into music; about love, courage and creativity."
Watch the trailer - it is incredibly heartwarming :)
Peace & Love,
The Good World News
- Volunteers and local youth cut lawns for free for the elderly, disabled veterans and single moms
- 14 Year Old Cheers Up the Elderly With Letters
- 11 year old gives wheelchairs to those in need
- 96 yr old man makes touching billboard hit song for late wife
- British and Trinidad artists team up to spur interest in steel band music