Although on opposite sides of the world and 8 hours time difference, The Philippines and Liberia are finding a way to come together. Liberia is still slowly recovering from a civil war that claimed the lives of over 250,000 Liberians. The UN established a peacekeeping mission in 2003 to ensure Liberia continues to improve.
The Philippines has recently deployed 115 individuals as part of a UN peacekeeping mission in Liberia. The 16th Philippine Contingent consists of 107 enlisted personnel, 1 medic, and 7 officers.
It is beautiful to see nations from around the world helping each other. We are in a large ecosystem all interconnected. Both of these nations hold a special place in my heart because of family in each location. Thank you Philippines for helping out in Liberia!
Peace & Love,
- Lenovo's CEO shares his $3 million bonus with employees again
- Two Africans students invent soap which protects against malaria
- 80 year old becomes oldest to climb Mount Everest
- 14 year old Filipino singer invited to Ellen show in U.S.
- After 5 years apart, man reunites with gorilla he released into wild