Teachers have been and always will be superheroes who help shape the future for their students. This is especially true for Nicole Miller, an 8 year old at Mansfield Christian School who recently received a kidney donation from her former teacher, Wendy Killian.
Wendy learned about Nicole's condition in a parent-teacher conference. Wendy was inspired to be a donor because her son previously received a blood platelet transfusion. It turns out that Wendy was a perfect match for the kidney donation!
The two had the successful procedure completed at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital in Cleveland, OH.
"I thought it was a great thing to do," Wendy's husband said said. "God puts you in certain situations for a reason."
And that's what's good,
- Terminal illness doesn’t stop man from repairing and donating bicycles to children in need
- Triangle InfoSeCon and BSides RDU Close Out Cybersecurity Awareness Month in NC
- Stranger pays dinner bill for family with epileptic child
- Sophomore gives epic motivational speech to freshman at Georgia Tech
- British and Trinidad artists team up to spur interest in steel band music