As a response to a Change.org petition which quickly amassed over 100,000 signatures, Victoria's Secret begins talks about a "survivor" bra.
The petition was started by 21 year old, Allana Maiden, who's mother, Debbie Barrett is a breast cancer survivor.
"My mom is a breast cancer survivor -- 21 years cancer-free!...I think [breast cancer survivors] deserve to feel beautiful and Victoria's Secret is the perfect company to help make that happen with a line of "Survivor" mastectomy bras." Allana states.
The good news is that Victoria's Secret took notice to the Change.org petition and flew Allana and her mother out to meet with some of the top executives at the company to discuss the possibilities of the "Survivor" bra.
“I was just really proud of her, going out and making a stand for others...I’m always proud of her.” Debbie says of her daughter.
We at Good World News are looking forward to great things coming out of the meeting!
Peace & Love,
The Good World News
Latest from Jeremy
- Runners help carry woman across the finish line of Philadelphia marathon
- Restaurant owner sets up free coat rack for the homeless
- 98-Year Old bakes cakes and pies to help feed the homeless
- Volunteers and local youth cut lawns for free for the elderly, disabled veterans and single moms
- Bishops, Knights, and Rooks in the barbershop!