Zambia has become the latest African country to ban hunting of lions and leopards. Individuals once thought that hunting would bring a lot of money to the country, but the $2 million received from hunting is virtually insignificant to the millions they receive from tourism.
'Tourists come to Zambia to see the lion and if we lose the lion we will be killing our tourism industry,' Sylvia Masebo, the Tourism and Arts Minister states.
Regardless of their reasons, it is very good news that they are banning the killing of these beautiful animals. The entire environment is dependent on the balance of life within.
Thank you Zambia!
Peace & Love,
- The Good World News
- Two Africans students invent soap which protects against malaria
- After 5 years apart, man reunites with gorilla he released into wild
- Sudanese pastor reunited with his family after 15 years
- Natalie Portman named ambassador for "Free the Children"
- 15 yr old from Sierra Leone displays self taught inventing skills at M.I.T
Latest from Jeremy
- Runners help carry woman across the finish line of Philadelphia marathon
- Restaurant owner sets up free coat rack for the homeless
- 98-Year Old bakes cakes and pies to help feed the homeless
- Volunteers and local youth cut lawns for free for the elderly, disabled veterans and single moms
- Bishops, Knights, and Rooks in the barbershop!