Leonard Cooper, won the 'Teen Jeopardy' tournament this week with a $37,000 score and a $75,000 toal for first place. It wasn't just the impressive amount of money that he came away with, or the even cooler afro that he was sporting, but it was his answer to final Jeopardy that received mass attention.
Closing out the second round, Leonard made a clutch daily double where he risked his $18,000 doubled it! The final Jeopardy category was "Military Men". The answer was "On June 6, 1944, he said, 'The eyes of the world are upon you.'" The question was: "Who is Dwight D. Eisenhower?".
Cooper was in the lead and didn't know the answer, so he said: "Who is some guy in Normandy. But I just won $75,000!"
He received an hilarious uproar from the crowd and a huge laugh and smile from host Alex Trebek!
"One of the things I love about this teen tournament is these guys have marvelous senses of humor!", Alex Trebek exclaimed :)
Watch the video below:
And that's what's good,
- The Good World News
Latest from Marty
- The Buddy Bench Brings Friends Together
- 2017 Janitor of the Year inspires students and faculty
- Chicago Cubs star player creates two endowed funds at Children’s Hospital
- High School Students work on a project to create solar-powered shelters for the homeless
- FSU Football recruit is special on and off the field