Can you imaging working at one employer your entire life and NEVER taking a sick day?! 44 years?!
Meet Deborah Ford, a U.S. Postal Service employee in Detroit who has delivered mail for 44 years straight. She has such genuine dedication to her work.
When asked if she has ever been sick, she says "Well little minor illnesses, but you shake it off. You'll feel better when you get there."
"Didn't you want to go to your mailbox and get a letter?", she continued, "When you go to that mailbox to get a letter, I want to make sure you get one."
Well said Deborah! She will retire with 4,508 hours in sick leave which will give her a 5% increase in pension.
We at Good World News wish you a wonderful retirement Deborah.
And that's what's good,
The Good World News
- Triangle InfoSeCon and BSides RDU Close Out Cybersecurity Awareness Month in NC
- Stranger pays dinner bill for family with epileptic child
- Sophomore gives epic motivational speech to freshman at Georgia Tech
- British and Trinidad artists team up to spur interest in steel band music
- Chicago Bulls build a playground
Latest from Jeremy
- Runners help carry woman across the finish line of Philadelphia marathon
- Restaurant owner sets up free coat rack for the homeless
- 98-Year Old bakes cakes and pies to help feed the homeless
- Volunteers and local youth cut lawns for free for the elderly, disabled veterans and single moms
- Bishops, Knights, and Rooks in the barbershop!